How To Maintain Your Cutting board
- Our cutting boards are natural wood products that will warp or crack if not properly cared for. Please follow the instructions below to maintain your cutting board.
- Your cutting board has come with a food safe mineral oil finish which was applied during finishing.
- After each use, handwash with hot soapy water, rinse and dry with a towel.
- Never wash in the dishwasher or leave to soak in water. This will destroy your cutting board!
- Apply a food safe mineral oil or cutting board conditioner regularly. Never use corn oil, olive oil, or vegetable oil as they will become rancid. We recommend a once a month application. Apply a generous coat of the oil to both sides of the cutting board and let it set overnight. In the morning, wipe off the excess with a papertowel and discard. Your cutting board is now ready to use. The Cutting Board / Butcher Block conditioner is available at many home improvement stores.
- If your cutting board becomes gouged, sand the surface until smooth, ending with a fine grit sandpaper. Apply an oil finish and your cutting board will look brand new!
Thank you for your purchase
Questions? Comments? Please Contact Us.